ARBORICOLE, The Inhabited Tree for Millennials by @vincentcallebautarchitectures 🌿🌱🍃
Angers has distinguished itself through its specialization in the field of plants: Végépolys is the leading European horticultural competitiveness cluster, while the city is also home to the headquarters of the Community Plant Variety Office.
Our design aims to integrate biodiversity into the process of creating this ecosystem-like project. This process improves the well-being of city dwellers and the energy-conserving, increasingly urbanized city.
Living in an apartment at the heart of a vertical nourishing forest reminds us of our childhood dream. The dream of building tree huts to live better in symbiosis with ecosystems.
To realize this dream on an urban scale, the five principles of biophilic architecture applied to the Gambetta site in Angers are as follows:
1. Strengthen the Visual Link with Nature: It is about creating an interior/exterior dynamic by widening the view of the Angevin landscape and by designing natural biotopes such as hanging gardens that vary with the seasons.
2. Focus on Thermal Variability and Renewal: The goal is to make subtle changes in air temperature, humidity, drafts on the skin, and surface temperatures that mimic natural environments.
3. Enjoy the Vivid and Diffused Light: The vivid and diffused light allows us to play on different intensities and shadows that change over time to create the conditions that occur in nature.
4. Multiply Biomorphic Shapes and Patterns: Biomorphic patterns, inspired by the forms of life, are symbolic references to recurring arrangements and textures in nature. They increase the residents' well-being, relaxation, and concentration.
5. Optimize the Sensory Link with Bio-Based Materials: A material and sensory connection with nature means using recycled and/or recyclable natural materials which, thanks to minimal treatment, express the biotope or the local geology.
Follow : @architechture_ ▪️Credit Or Removal :( DM ) Or Gmail 📩
#greenarchitecture #futurearchitect #architectsneed #architectureschool #youngarchitects #architecturestudentlife #architecture #studentarchitecture #architecturedrawing #architecturelove