mindfulness is the awareness that arrives from paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgementally. i have been studying and practicing mindfulness in my everyday life. it allows me to be present at every moment, in everything that i am apart of such as eating, conversing with friends, exploring, walking, reading, sitting, etc. would you like to cultivate mindfulness in your life?
here are 7 tips to bring mindfulness to your everyday activities:
1. wake up and stretch your entire body, take a few mindful breaths.
2. connect with intention: notice what foot touches the ground first.
3. notice your body while you walk or stand. pay attention to your posture. pay attention to the ground under your feet, your legs as you walk, the sun on your face, etc.)
4. notice the sounds around you throughout the day (wind, birds, etc.)
5. bring awareness to listening and talking. can you listen attentively without agreeing or disagreeing, giving advice, or planning what to say next?
6. connect with the sensory of eating- connect with the taste, smell, texture, etc. notice your chewing, swallowing, etc. also, whatever you’re eating, take a moment to notice how it makes your body feel as you’re digesting it. are you tired? do you feel energized?
7. as you go to sleep at night, bring attention to your body and your breathing. ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
being mindful helps us to reduce stress. the more you practice mindfulness, the more resilient you’ll become. cultivating mindfulness adds another dimension to the picture when you see that you are not your thoughts or emotions. these simple tips will help you to start transforming your life. you are not your past, nor are you your future...everything that matters in your life is happening right now. there is so much power in that understanding. all you have to do is be more aware of it. do you wish to cultivate mindfulness in your life?🧚🏾♂️
|Mae Rim| Chiang Mai, Thailand 📸 @zarahcharm 📸
#photooftheday #bestoftheday #thailand #beauty #blackgirltravel #travel #streetart #fashionista #traveling #t #love #poetry #viral #meditation